rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Saturday, August 25, 2012

It's Been a Cupcake Kind of Week!

This week has been CRAZY! All my teacher friends can relate. New school year, new students, and, thanks to the new Common Core Standards, a new way of teaching high school Algebra 1. I don't know about you, but when life gets stressful I turn to cupcakes! I mean...who can resist that tiny piece of heavenly manna?!? After all, it's just 1/24th of a cake and a serving is actually TWO of them!!!

Around where I live there are two cupcake places I like to frequent. Savoy Tea Company and Bliss Cupcakes both have amazing cupcakes that I like to indulge in on my "off my normal diet" days. However, I love to make them myself and have a hard time staying out of them when I do! Solution? Well...I give them away! Quickly! Over the last two weeks I have made Caramel Apple Cupcakes twice and quickly shared them with my team at school and our very sweet next door neighbors to celebrate the new school year! I think they were a hit so I thought I'd share my version of the super simple "almost homemade" recipe! :)



Caramel Apple Cupcakes

I used one box of Duncan Hines Caramel Cake Mix












To the mix I added:
1 cup water
3 eggs
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1/2 jar of Musselman's Chunky Applesauce












I mixed it with a whisk until the mixture was thoroughly mixed but I was careful not to break up the chunks of apples from the applesauce 'cause that's the best part! :)

I divided them into 24 cupcake liners, cooked them according to the package directions and let them cool.
After they were cool I mixed cinnamon into the store bought cream cheese frosting, frosted the cupcakes and drizzled them with Hershey's Caramel Topping and a sprinkling of walnuts. THAT"S IT!! Sooo easy!!!

So now I must get back to keeping my focus on teaching...I wonder if I can teach Algebra with cupcakes????

Come back soon to see what I am harvesting next!

0 comments:

Post a Comment